With x-rays in hand, I went to see my oral surgeon this morning. He took one look at my x-rays and said, "Oh I see why they didn't move. Look at the roots of those teeth (the ones we've been trying to pull down)....they are hooked!" Okay?????? My first thought was......have they always been like that and no one noticed before? I decided it was pointless to ask that question; it wouldn't change anything now.
So, the game plan is:
I go under the knife (and pliers) for surgery on March 3 to remove the impacted teeth...the ones that are WAY up my gums. (FUN! He told me he's going to have to take the teeth out in pieces. Oh my.) If he is able, he will place the metal implants in at that time. If he can't do it this time, I will have to wait about a year to heal....and then have another surgery to place the implants. Please pray he can do it all in ONE surgery!!!
So......I am really at peace with all this. And it's actually going to cost about the same as going the "two bridges" route. AND.....my medical insurance is going to pay for the extraction of the two teeth.
....to be continued.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Amy! My teeth hurt for your teeth. I will be praying for you. Hope you have many more miracles with you children sleeping at the same time...
Take care and love your blog.
Maggie Poole Stamper
Post a Comment