Thursday, April 10, 2008

Idol Gives Back

I am just now watching Idol Gives Back. Wow........I am always so moved by the stories of those around the world who live in such horrible circumstances and suffer so much. It breaks my heart. I am reminded that it breaks the heart of God even more. This is never what He intended for His creation.......

Thankfully, we can follow the heart of God and HELP those who are in need. I am not talking about our kind of "need." For example, right now our family "needs" a minivan to make our trips as a family more comfortable. When I compare our (and your) types of needs to REAL needs....I am burdened and hurt for those who truly live in perpetual need.

I would like to challenge you to GIVE to those in need. PLEASE consider sponsoring a child through Compassion International. Our family sponsors two kids and Denver's band (DMHO) is a representative for Compassion. It is only $32 a month.....and it changes lives and shares true hope.....Jesus. We've been to Ecuador to visit one of our kids and see Compassion in action. It is sooooooooo legitimate. Please, Please, Please........consider it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We haven't watched IGB yet but I heartily support what you are saying. I got a recent picture of Jose (little boy I help out through compassion) and was blown away by how much he has grown. Seeing that growth made me realize just how "REAL" he is and how legitimate his needs are.

jk

TinyJr said...

Amen! There is no greater joy tan for a man to lay down his life (and wallet) for a friend in need. And trust me, through experience, when you sponsor a child, you have gained more than a friend, you have gained family!

Thanks Amy for the reminder to give our lives away for the sake of His Cause!