Can you believe it? Early this morning, I woke up to the house rattling, bed vibrating, and a low rumbling noise. In my sleepy stupor, I thought, "An earthquake?" Yep! We felt the 5.2 earthquake centered in Illinois!
It brought back memories of Jr. High School. At that time, geologists had "predicted" the New Madrid fault was going to blow and the world would end. Okay.....maybe they didn't predict the end of the world, but they sure did create a bunch of hype! If I remember correctly, they said that Memphis would be leveled, the Old Hickory Dam in Hermitage would burst, buildings would crumble, and thousands would be killed. We even had earthquake drills at school; we had to climb under our desks. (I still don't see how a school desk would protect me from several floors collapsing on top of me.)
I'm glad God is chief geologist......master of plate tectonics! He ALONE is my shelter! I will not live in fear of what "could" happen in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment