Monday, April 7, 2008

Hello old friend!

I did it! I actually got on my treadmill this morning for 30 minutes. As planned, I did the walk/run strategy. After the first ten minutes, I thought...."This isn't so bad! I can do more than I thought!" Then......my muscles began to mock me. It's been over a year since I've intentionally exercised. I was hoping "muscle memory" would help me out, but I think my muscles have forgotten what it's like to be in constant motion!

Two miles later, I feel good. I even did a few crunches and push-ups before my son started yelling, "Mommy, you done yet??????"

I have set a goal. I want to RUN the 5K at the Blueberry Festival this fall on Labor Day weekend!!!!!!!! Hold me to it!!!!!

So, hello old friend.......my dear treadmill. Your resting days are over!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work. I'll be here to cheer you on...at least we'll know each other's pain! :)
Talk to you soon.

blissfullykrissy said...

I am soooo proud of you Amy! Way to go! Just be ready for a bit of soreness tomorrow, but you'll be so proud of yourself whilst you hurt! Yay Amy!!!

Susan said...

Way to go Amy!!

Sarah said...

so how about the rest of the week? still at it?