Thursday, January 3, 2008

Is formula really THAT horrible????

I have switched to all bottle feeding now. London still gets breast milk, but I'm am not nearly as stressed as I was. With everything our family has experienced lately, breastfeeding was not a peaceful "bonding" experience.

I nursed Boston until around 8 months. During that time, he refused ANY bottle. I am not one who feels comfortable nursing in public.....so can I tell you how TRAPPED I felt all those months?!?!?!? Yet I gave it all I had so he could have breast milk. I know breast milk is best. (She's still getting mostly that. I do add a little formula to each bottle so she has enough to eat.) But I was SOOO stressed out at every feeding. I know she probably won't get the "good stuff" as long as Boston did, and I do feel like I'm letting her down in some way. But, even though I feel guilt for not being the "perfect" mom, I think London is better off with a happier mommy. And really.......is formula really THAT horrible?????

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amy don't be so hard on yourself! You are a great mom and making sure she's eating is more important than whether it's breast or bottle. I nursed Gracie for 6 months but could only bear 4 with Carleigh and let me tell you those 4 were a chore. After I started her on formula though she was a MUCH happier baby. I just don't think I was producing enough for her. Remember you're the Biermans and thats all God wants you to be..not everyone else. Hang in there, it gets better!!

The O'Neal's said...

Don't stress over it I only breast feed Lydia 8 weeks and the twins 6 weeks. My doctor told me it was just good to get them started after 8 weeks it wasn't that big of a deal.