Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Big Boom-Boom

So last night, Denver and I were getting everyone and everything settled. We had a later night than usual b/c Nathan (Den's brother) and Kelly came over to hang with us.

Boston was in bed, but not asleep. (He's been doing that lately... but that's another subject entirely!) Denver and I were in the kitchen cleaning and preparing bottles for the night. All of the sudden we heard a REALLY, REALLY loud crash, boom, and shattering glass. We immediately start walking the house to find the problem . . . . only to find that the huge mirror in our upstairs bathroom simply fell off the wall and broke into a million pieces. I haven't cleaned it up yet to assess all the damage, but I can tell several pieces have ripped/stabbed the linoleum floor. Praise God no one was in there!!!!

It scared Boston. He kept telling us that he'd never heard a "big boom-boom" that loud. He asked Denver, "Did mommy drop my gold trumpet?" (He has a little gold trumpet ornament that he loves.) We showed him the trumpet, and everything was okay!

Now, off to call the insurance company and clean up shattered glass! FUN! =0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom told us what happened...so thankful that it wasn't bath time. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Good thing that didn't happen at our house...Adeline would have been scarred for LIFE!