Our sweet little girl will be threes weeks old on Monday! Things are going fine -- except -- she has her days and nights mixed up. AGH! It's been a little crazy, to say the least! She wakes up every night and stays awake for many, many hours! At least she's not screaming....she's just awake. But I'm still not getting any sleep.
To all those mom's out there - any advice on how to get her sleeping patterns straightened out?????
3 comments:
Oh girl - panic wells inside me just thinking about this! I don't know! What would I do? Complain ALOT first! But I'd be flippin' through my Babywise book ASAP - I need to be rummaging through that soon! Good Luck! Phases...
Sweet Amy.... I just want you to know you've been on my heart big time lately. I can't imagine how hard it is with Denver being gone a lot, a brand new baby, and a two and a half year old's temper tantrums. I truly admire you. And, I'm really, really praying for you! Love you girl!
Our kids did this too with having nights and days mixed up. It's so hard with a second one because you can't just nap when the baby sleeps. Who knows what Boston could get into! HA!
We just spent a couple of days with each one and MADE them stay awake more during the day. Jiggle, undress, tickle, bathe, etc. her. Do what you have to in order to keep her awake and get her close to that three hour Babywise schedule. And wake them up from naps if they are sleeping too long. Doing that a couple of days eventually switched ours over.
Good luck Amy. I'm praying for you. Let me know if we can help!
LOVE YOU!
Praying for you, girl, I know these days can be so hard when you're so worn out! I can't wait to meet little London. I remember when both of mine switched their days and nights...we did do Babywise, also, not religiously, but that at least seemed to help.
Post a Comment