Well.....a new phase of parenting has begun in our home.
POTTY TRAINING!
Boston is almost 3 1/2, so it's definitely time. My sweet little "B" does not favor change in any form. So, when we got home from vacation, I decided it was time to give it a try. Since we just started, he's not completely used to telling us when he has to go, and we're certainly not brave enough to leave the house without a pull-up on him. Soooooo.... here's a little story from our evening.
Denver got home early from work today. As he came in the door, the kids were waking from their afternoon naps. I mentioned to Denver we needed to change Boston out of the pull-up he was in b/c it was falling apart....assuming he heard me.
We get to Zaxby's ("Zas-ta-bees" as Boston calls it.). We get our food, and we're having a nice dinner. All of the sudden Denver turns white and says, "uh oh." He just stared at me. I said, "What's wrong??" He said, "I put him in underwear. I didn't think about a pull-up. He's in underwear." So, we decided that Denver would take B to the bathroom and try to get him to use the potty. They were gone for 10 minutes and then returned:
Denver: Well, that didn't go so well. He didn't go. . . . . . . . But he's got lots of toilet paper.
Me: What? What do you mean?
Denver: He'll be fine. I stuffed his underwear with a bunch of toilet paper. There's more than one way to make a diaper.
I laughed so hard. What a "daddy" thing to do!
(And do you know....he kept that toilet paper in his underwear through two stores.....and made it home with dry pants. Way to go B!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Woohoo!! Way to go! :) That is one creative hubby you have there Amy!
that's is most awesome thing EVER!
i'm crying.
whew!
classic.
I laughed out loud when I read that! That's cute. I'm rooting for you! It is definitely one of the more challenging things you guys will do. A tip my doc said, go either pull up or underwear all the time, no more diapers. Preferably undies all the time. You will go through a lot, but they learn it doesn't feel so great wet. And I have also heard of people letting them walk around naked and taking them every so often. Would you believe my two year old Luke has already done both in the potty. He is in by no means ready to be completely dependent upon the potty, but he sure does like m&m's! He knows he will get a couple if he goes. Bribery is the other choice of ways to get them to do what we want or need them to do. Good luck!
That is hillarious!
That is SOOOO funny! What good thinking of Daddy!
That is a great great great daddy story! :)
Audrey Finney
Post a Comment