Friday, May 2, 2008

Car and Tractor Show

Weather permitting, we are going to the antique car and tractor show Sat. morning at the Long Hollow Jamboree....to benefit the Hendersonville Volunteer Fire Dept. (Boston loves tractors and cars.)

I called the Jamboree the other day. This was part of my phone conversation.

Jamboree: Hello?
me: Yes, I am calling to inquire about the car and tractor show this weekend. Will it be held right there on your property?
Jamboree: Uh...yes.
me: What all will you have there at the show? (meaning....food? entertainment? etc.)
Jamboree: Uh.....cars and tractors, I reckon.

So funny. If you've never been to the Long Hollow Jamboree on a Saturday night, you've not lived. It is very family friendly. With that said, it's a step back into time and a step into another world. It's a lot of fun. Be brave.......go sometime. (Be sure to brush-up on your two-step and clogging skills.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! Did you guys go? I took the boys there this morning, and I felt like I was well, in the country! My boys loved it, especially Levi- I had to tape the parade so he could watch it again. We missed seeing you guys! I had posted this event on my blog yesterday that had all the details from the tennessean article. I guess I haven't lived yet girly, b/c this was my first visit to the jamboree... I really didn't feel like I was in H'ville anymore! All the country-folk came out for the day I think. It was fun though-