1. I lived in northwestern Ohio until I was 12. For part of that time, we lived on a farm. As a kid, got to ride in tractors/combines, play in grain wagons (watch out for the stink bugs), explore wide open spaces, play in REAL snow….just to name a few.
2. I love being a mom. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. I feel privileged to be at home with my kids. I do not take it for granted….esp. these days.
3. I am the perfectionistic/detail-oriented type. One of my greatest AND worst traits. It pushes me to do my best….but also discourages me when I can’t meet my own expectations. I am very hard on myself and can be very insecure at times.
4. I love making lists and lists and lists. Refer to number 3.
5. I love the WEATHER! I especially love severe weather; it fascinates me. (In college, I almost majored in Meteorology. I ended up with an Elementary Education degree.) When my kids get older, I’m going become a certified Storm Spotter.
6. I love cold weather. If it gets above 72, I’m unhappy. As a result, I love snow and the mountains. (I am NOT a beach person.) Funny that I live in Tennessee where it’s HOT the majority of the year.
7. I prefer to buy organics and natural foods, cleaners, etc. I clean a lot with vinegar. (check out www.vinegartips.com)
8. I really enjoy cooking for my family, but I get nervous when I cook for other people. I’m not a great baker.
9. I like sauerkraut A LOT! Sauerkraut balls are the best!
10. I took clogging lessons in Jr. High school.
11. My birthday is on Valentine’s Day. 32 is right around the corner.
12. I hate writing papers……HATE! Funny that I worked as an editor for 2 ½ years.
13. I have traveled a bit – Greece, Thailand, Ecuador, Ireland, Hawaii, Bahamas, all over the U.S.
14. I do not like to be the center of attention. I would rather be behind the scene.
15. I NEED sleep. If I don’t get sleep….watch out! I never pulled an all-nighter in college.
16. I dread my kids getting sick. (Again…I don’t function well on little sleep.)
17. I am not the creative type…but love crafty-type projects.
18. I only enjoy movies that are predictable (romantic comedies). I cannot watch high-intensity movies with a twisted plot. I MUST know what is going to happen. If I don’t, I get really stressed out.
19. I like to shop - sale and clearance only, though. If I buy something full price, I feel like I have been swindled.
20. I had two baby teeth until I was 30.
21. My grades put me in the top 10 people at High School graduation (out of like 450 students). I made 1 B in college. I can remember maybe 10% of what I “learned.”
22. I love having my feet rubbed. Denver rubs them almost every night.
23. I like watching Jon & Kate Plus 8; it relieves stress. Denver can’t watch it….it stresses him out.
24. I don’t tan. I’m either really white or red from a sun burn. (Maybe another reason I don’t like the beach!)
25. I can be rather ornery and mischievous. I wait for the perfect moment.
4 comments:
I love the list!! And your next stop to visit is HOuston! Will you teach me some clogging moves next time I see you?!:) LOL!! LOve you!! I love my feet being rubbed too, but Matt does NOT do it every night, in fact it almost has to be a special occasion for him to do it!
Sauerkraut rocks!! You were dead on with your list. Love ya!
Oops, that comment was from Pamela. AJ hates sauerkraut! go figure.
Happy Birthday to you today on V-Day!!! Love you!!
Post a Comment